But for two reasons I just want to share this 10 'Christmas Party Rules' of Anna Dello Russo with you! First, because I just absolutely love Anna, her style and especially her hats. Second, because we will all probably have plenty of other parties the upcoming 2 weeks, and well, party rules are just always useful ;)
1. Don’t wear red or green outfits.
You will look like a Christmas tree.
2. Forget any coats (also if outside it’s only 5 degrees).
You should make a big impact just with your dress.
3. Choose a gold.
You will emphasize the idea to be a Christmas GIFT to be unwrapped.
4. Don’t be worry to be over-done!
Go to the hairdresser, facial, manicure and pedicure.
5. Choose between hat and makeup.
If you wear a hat keep fresh face otherwise you will looks like a transvestite.
6. Wearing lots of jewelry.
The sound of jewelry banish bad thoughts and bad ghosts.
7. Focus on the shoes.
Generally at Christmas party you spend a lot of time seated on the sofa.
8. Shoes have to carry all this magical atmosphere.
Choose sparkling, shiny, eccentric, metallic, decorative, precious, brocade, extravagant, color-full, magnificent, enchanting… pair of shoes!
9. Don’t be worry about your bag.
You immediately will forget it on some chairs.
10. Don’t throw yourself on the buffet.
Don’t overdo with drinks, it’s not polite!