Friday, January 20, 2012

Something new, something old, something borrowed

This is how I have worn the 'vintage' jacket of my mom.
I decided to keep the vintage feeling of the jacket, and combined it with two other vintage pieces.
But you may be wondering, what the title is about! Well...
My pants are new, I bought them 2 weeks ago in Amsterdam at River Island :)
Obviously, the 'something old' refers to the jacket; my mum wore it 20 years ago!
And last, I borrowed these beautiful shoes of my mum. They are indeed (and unfortunately!) not mine.
How do you like this look? Or do you maybe prefer to see this jacket in a more modern outfit?

Dit is hoe ik het 'vintage' jasje van m'n moeder gedragen heb.
Ik besloot om de vintage uitstraling van het jasje te bewaren, en heb het gecombineerd met twee andere vintage stukken.
Maar nu vraag je je misschien af, waar de titel over gaat! Nou...
Mijn broek is nieuw, ik heb hem 2 weken geleden in Amsterdam gekocht bij de River Island :)
Het 'something old' verwijst natuurlijk naar het jasje; mijn moeder droeg die 20 jaar geleden!
En ten slotte, deze prachtige schoenen heb ik geleend van m'n moeder. Ze zijn inderdaad (en helaas!) niet van mij.
Wat vind jij van deze look? Of zou je dit jasje misschien liever in een moderne outfit zien?

I was wearing:
Jacket - Collection Allumette A.C. 
Pants - River Island
Scarf - vintage
Shoes - Christian Louboutin
Bag - vintage

32 comments:

  1. Geweldig jasje, en leuk gecombineerd zo ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is so awesome and unique! I love the heels, obviously. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your bag is super cute!

    xx, Sabinna and David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog :D I think that we can follow each other on GFC and bloglovin'.. What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that look. Really like the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. like the horsemanstyle...<3

    x the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red jacket with the black hat!! So pretty! Would love for you to stop by my blog and tell me what you think of my latest post! Follow me, I follow you?!

    xo
    Caitlin
    http://hauteeyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That jacket is absolutely fantastic! I love how you wore it, very well styled!

    Monogrammed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit- orbicular. I like watch so much.
    ps. I'm folowing you on google firends, if you can follow me on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oe wat chic! Vind het leuk op deze manier, maar denk dat het met een (high waisted) jeans en all stars ook geweldig zou staan ;) Fijn weekend lief ♥
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that jacket!! :) I would've worn it with a cute black dress :3 And your bag is lovely!!

    xx
    www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. such an adorable outfit! loving that red x

    luna
    lunaoffduty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dankjewel! Dat jasje heb je gaaf gecombineerd!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love ur vintage jacket, colour suits you perfectly, your blog is so lovely, i will be visiting again very soon :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfit!!:)
    In my blog was just endend a fantastic giveaway by Moschino, another one soon! Hope you visit it! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That jacket is sooo adorable

    xxx
    Daria, the Fashionsurfer

    ReplyDelete
  17. how pretty!!! I love your hat and that bright red

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look a bit 1960s, a little 1920s, and a little Victorian! I love the history and hand-me-downs in this outfit.. you are too cute!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfit! Nice handbag!

    I just started my blog. Hope you will take a look and follow at:
    www.a-phrodite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool look!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Geweldig jasje!!!!!!!! ♥‿♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. so fabulous. this look is perfection. great post, love. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I've got a brand new outfit post and a fabulous giveaway. I'd love to hear your thoughts. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous jacket! Canny help but think vintage Dior... And needless to say fab shoes (I have hen too!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the style!!!

    http://thewild-swans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this look so much ! Gorgeous bag ! Kiss x


    http://mfashionmyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very Victorian chic!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!
I read and appreciate all of them!